Pages

Thursday, July 05, 2007

R-Type Tactics PSP screens

Lovely, aren't they? Well, it was through Kotaku I found out all about them glorious new R-Type Tactics screens Irem released. See them all here. As for the game itself, it's going to be a very promising blend of strategy-shmup action and probably play something like a turn-based version of classic R-Type. With glorious graphics and on the go, that is.

R-Type Tactics, you see, will be one more addition to the rapidly expanding Sony PSP library of excellent, quirky & interesting games I simply have to play. Oh, and there's a preview over at IGN. They seem quite a bit eager themselves...

Related posts: Unlocking homebrew on PSP firmware 3.5, Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics, Warhammer 40k: Squad Command

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm! I've only very recently become aware of R Type... It reminds me very much of Last Hope the fabulous Dreamcast release by those most wonderful of Germans the N:Dev team...

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you've never played it at the arcades or on the Amiga? oh, my. Anyway. This one isn't a shooter. More of a strategy game....

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an excellent retrospective on the entire series in the wonderful Games TM magazine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really got to get me one of these Games TM mags. They sound quite brilliant and I'm such a mag-slut...

    ReplyDelete