Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hand-picked freeware Nintendo DS homebrew games and how to finally run them

from the gutter, the leading blog of (among other stuff) freeware & homebrew games for the Nintendo DS, has gone and made sure we'll all have a cheaper than expected summer. Just have a look at at a bouquet of 10 lovingly hand picked and reviewed homebrew games and then go for another 10 excellent DS freebies. Oh, and don't forget to try the multi-platform strategy instant classic Dicewars.

To help you run said games, you could either have a look at a certain PDF homebrew guide I mentioned some time ago or read this extensive dldi patching tutorial.

Related posts: Homebrew Lemmings DS, Jam Sessions!, Phoenix Wright review, Sonic Rush DS BETA

3 comments:

  1. Many thanks, Gnome, for the links. I've been enjoying these DS homebrew games because some are really good. I'm impressed with the work of some developers, which are often just one or two people working on a game.

    FWIW, I also summarize all my homebrew reviews here. So, if you're new to the homebrew scene, I've highlighted the better ones.

    I take it you tried and liked Dice Wars? I have found to be tough to win unless I'm one of the first four to roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the homebrew, they keep our wallets from being emptied... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed Nebachadnezzar, indeed.. Same thing with PC gaming freeware, really...

    Oh, and dear guttertalk, I've played tons of Dicewars on the PC and can be pretty sure I truly enjoy the little thing. BTW, excllent posts there my friend.

    Take care, have a nice summer everyone!

    ReplyDelete