Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Jam Sessions! Nintendo DS


Ever heard of this game? I actually first saw this game a long time ago in it's Japanese version, known as Guitar M06 or something. Anyway, this is not really a game. Instead it's more like a guitar simulation. In the upper screen you have up to 8 chords to choose from using the d-pad (I think) and in the lower screen you have the selected chord, which you can play using the stylus to strum it.

So, what's the point, then? Well, I guess it could be useful for people who want to try an electric guitar without having to waste a lot of cash in a guitar+amplifier combo, or even a guitar addict who desperately needs to keep playing, even when he's...let's say...on the toilet.

Anyway, looks like an interesting title, and, although I'm not a guitar player, I would definitely like to try it (did you know that I can play Nirvana's "Come as you are" in a classical guitar?).

Related posts: Konami to release Contra IV DS, Tomb Raider Legend DS, Klass of '99 GBA retro remake

5 comments:

  1. Will the owner of this blog please contact ken@1800blogger.com.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching this one for a while. I saw a different video, which I can't find now, where a band played with the guitarist using Jam Sessions. It was actually pretty impressive.

    Here is the video that really got me hooked because it shows a lot more of the interface.

    You can even buy DS picks for Jam Sessions.

    I play guitar, and I'm interested in this for a variety of reasons. For one, I have young kids (5 and 7) who are really getting into music, and I can see them having a blast with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Done Anonymous.

    Thanks for the tons of extra info guttertalk... and you play the guitar too? why, a man of many talents then...

    All I ever managed was "Smoke on the water" on a single chord.

    Another great post Mr. N!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post Nebacha! Its an impressive piece of kit... My only guitar triumph is Smoke On The Water on two strings! LOL!

    ReplyDelete