Pages

Friday, October 05, 2007

The PSP 2000 (Slim) ArsTechnica Review

Ars Technica is a hugely popular mainstream site and for good reason; they just know their stuff, and that's coming from someone who just couldn't pass judgement (or water) on such technically intricate matters. Anyway, said hardware wizards have bothered with reviewing the brand new Sony PSP-2000 (a.k.a. Slim) and you can read what they made of the thing right here.

Among other and sometimes obvious stuff, like the TV-out capabilities & new sleeker design, the review focuses on two important matters: battery life and load times. Well, read the thing and you'll find out that battery life has been reduced and so have loading times, even though to a lesser extent. Not much of an upgrade then, is it? I mean it still is supposed to be a bloody handheld games machine, right? At least they fixed the d-pad...

Related posts: Ultima VII PSP, Dungeons & Dragons Tactics review, Galactic Breakout free PSP game

10 comments:

  1. Are you sure about the D-Pad? The new PSP that I have has a somewhat slippery feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out the article and I'm slightly pickled, but I didn't see the 'TV out' facility...

    does that mean you can play the PSP on your TV like a regular console?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can play my PSP on my tv, and it works perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope not sure funnyman, ars technica seems to believe so though...

    Oh, and funnyman is indeed correct dear Father...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some are saying that the graphics look better on the new one, but they look the same on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps the screen could be a tad shinier?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The screen itself does look better; I did notice that. But I still wish the D-pad was like the PS 3 controller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, it is shinier? Impressive that... don't mind the controller ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new one looks more easy on the eyes than the original. So yes. It does look shinier. If there is another PSP coming out in 2020, then Sony needs to make the D-pad like the PS 3 controller.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very well then... I agree!

    ReplyDelete