Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

The iOS BASIC

The CBM flavour of Hand BASIC, one of the few programming languages you can get for free and run on your iOS device of choice, is fully compatible with the BASIC you knew and loved on the Commodore 64 and can be downloaded over at the App Store. Grab it, if only for old times sake. Or to start teaching yourself programming. Anything will work, provided you come to grips with them virtual keyboards, though admittedly this lovely BASIC does come with a few handy built-in extras, like a pretty brilliant help system.

8 comments:

  1. 64k RAM and it was Hugeeee!
    (bows in reverence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (bows back)

    Damn! Again...

    And there even was a 128k model too... Imagine that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. With, and shoot me if I'm mistaken, a memory slot for expansion to 512mb?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog Narrator11/15/2011 9:00 PM

    Please be wrong, please please...

    ReplyDelete
  5. 512mb? Never heard of it really. Better ask you then, oh Narrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blog Narrator11/21/2011 5:18 PM

    Ha Ha, senility strikes again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have sworn....

    oh well time for my medication..

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, uhm, what about my? Better yet, what about my medication? Or my answers?

    ReplyDelete