Pages

Monday, April 14, 2008

And now for another completely different Atari 2600 handheld

Atari 2600 retro handheldA friend discovered it via Engadget and I thought I should let you retro loving lot know. The Multari after all is the most beautiful handheld version of the Atari 2600 I've ever seen, and the only one to come with 32 built-in games, a shiny 5" screen, speakers, all the necessary buttons and an almost industrial quality case. Find out more -and see how the Multari was conceived and made- over at this lovely place and/or look at it move. Lovely. Oh, and in case you were wondering it's not for sale.

Related posts: Atari Lynx Marlboro Go, Video Game Take-Out, Street Fighter II GBA, the MegaDrive handheld

11 comments:

  1. Can you connect this to the Atari 2600 and get an Atari 5200?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is thier access to play more games..? Rather then the 32 installed.

    I guess it doesn't matter if its not for sale...
    and I thought everything was for sale...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, that's a stellar idea funnyman. And one that will eventually lead to a 7800...

    Don't think so Deitrix. At least not to my understanding. Oh, and didn't you hear? Capitalism is happily crumbling :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then, you can connect another Atari 2600 and get a 10400. After that another 2600 and get...This is getting monotonous. I will shut the hell up now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do that :) (kidding)

    That reminds me of Ben Heck's works, too bad that a) there's just 32 games b) it's not for sale

    But hey, the GP2X supports atari 2600 emulation, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right, understandable that Funnyman, but how can we achieve the Atari 0?

    Oh, yes it does Nebacha, and this comment of your just reminded me I haven't grabbed one of these beauties yet...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're great. I don't have one myself, but once in a meeting of a gaming community I was part of, one guy there had one (he's another retro gamer, 30+ years old but still playing all kinds of games, old and new) and he let me play with it, and man, it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And very decently priced too. Only thing holding me back is the fact I'm far too busy.. damn. Oh, and what's wrong with 30+? I'll be there soon it seems...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing wrong, it's just that you don't see older gamers like that everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's nothing wrong with 30+... Jeez! I'd love to be there! 40+ now thats another story...

    ReplyDelete